Recipe by MarraMamba
The burger by Susan Mello on Throwdown with Bobby Flay :) It's wonderful.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
This was a delightful change of pace from the ordinary burger. I especially loved the grilled eggplant and the tzatziki with feta topping. Yum! ~Made for ZWT6 Zee Zany Zesty Cookz~
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- oil, for brushing on the grill rack
- 6 small pita breads
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Tzatziki with feta
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant
Directions See How It's Made
- Tzatziki with feta:
- Seed and chop the cucumber. In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill and feta. Refrigerate and chill for 1 hour.
- Grilled Eggplant:
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until thick and well blended. Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch rounds. Arrange in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; coat well with dressing. Grill eggplant until tender, about 3 minutes each side, keep warm.
- Lamb burger:
- In a large bowl blend together lamb, mint, cumin, salt and pepper, to taste. Form 6 patties.
- Before grilling burgers, brush the grill rack with oil. Place the patties on the rack turning once, 4 minutes each side.
- Cut pitas horizontally and lightly toast over indirect heat.
- Assemble burgers as follows: pita bottom, lettuce, burger topped generously with tzatziki, a slice of grilled eggplant, and the top of the pita.