Prep 2 hrs
Cook 50 mins
Serve garnished with Lettuce and Cucumbers
- 1 kg mutton leg (with middle bone cracked and fat removed)
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 4 lemons, juice of (Nimbu)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (Sirka)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Sufaid Zeera, roasted and ground)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (Kaali Mirch Powder)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Prick the leg of mutton with a fork and mix all of the ingredients (except the oil) and leave it to marinade for about 1 Ã‚Â½ hours.
- Put the leg in a big pot and cover. Let it cook until all of the juice dries up.
- Add the oil to it and in case it is not tender, add half a cup of warm water and leave it covered for a while until it is done.
- Serve it on a plate or dish garnished with lettuce and cucumber, spoon the remaining sauce from the pot and add on top of the roast.