Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy and quick recipe for people who are tired after working all day or who do not have alot of time.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mixed vegetables, no salt added,drained
- Cook chicken in hot oil in large skillet 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in flour, mustard and bouillon granules; add milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in vegetables; heat through.
- Serve over noodles or rice, if desired.
This is a super fast, easy and tasty meal. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. We just ate the meal as is and next time I'll add rice or pasta. Perfect for a weeknight meal and it's a new favorite. Thanks so much!!!
Hey! This was a very fast meal to prepare! I doubled the whole thing, (2 pounds of the chicken...) and it still only fed 4 people. I had problems getting the flour-mustard mixture to spread into the dish (I mixed the flour and mustard together before adding it- next time I won't do that!!). I also found that it needed some salt (app. 1/4 teaspoon)and pepper (app. 1/2 teaspoon) for flavor. Perhaps adding chili powder to it next time? I, too, served it over egg noodles. I used Veg-All Original Mixed Vegetables, no salt added, and they were perfect for this. I was afraid the idea of using canned vegetables would make the dish less fresh and appetizing, but I was wrong! Well, Thanks for Sharing!
My family really liked this one! Kind of like a chicken pot pie without the pie crust!I served this over egg noodles and everyone enjoyed!Oh, and I used frozen mixed vegetables, cause that's what I had on hand. Thanks!