Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mustard loving manbeast Dugan proclaims that this is now his favorite salad dressing. It is from The Naked Chef Jamie Oliver, so eat it while naked for best flavor.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (be generous)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Didn't read the reviews before I made this and I wished I had. This was so salty that I had to triple the recipe and it was still salty! I would say only use 1/4 tsp salt at most. Better yet, use 1/8 tsp and add more later if needed.
I followed the directions exactly with lemon. I liked the flavor but it was just way too salty for my taste. I did however think it might taste pretty good on meat that way. I am thinking of making it again without the salt or about 1/8 or 1/4 of salt and trying both variations (balsamic and lemon).
This is a terrific dressing and so easy. To be able to make something this good in no time at all is amazing. Thanks.