Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Home made Mustard by Emeril
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄3 cup drinking-quality white wine
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight, covered.
- Transfer the mustard mixture to a blender and process until mustard has obtained the desired texture and thickness; it is equally delicious whether you leave it chunky or smooth. Store in an airtight, non-reactive container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This was quite easy and makes a very tasty mustard. It has a bit of a spicy bite that I love.