My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pinot noir wine or 1 cup other spicy dry red wine
- 3 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs small mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Add wine; simmer 3 minutes. Add tomato, salt, and black pepper; cook 1 minute.
- 4Add mussels; cover and cook 4 minutes or until shells open. Remove from heat; discard any unopened shells. Stir in arugula; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels With Tomato Wine Broth
Serving Size: 1 (873 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 127.3 mg
- Sodium 1901.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 57.2 g