- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pinot noir wine or 1 cup other spicy dry red wine
- 3 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs small mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add wine; simmer 3 minutes. Add tomato, salt, and black pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add mussels; cover and cook 4 minutes or until shells open. Remove from heat; discard any unopened shells. Stir in arugula; serve immediately.