Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ring the changes by cooking up mussels into a distinctive snack - ideal for including in a tapas selection.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 red chile, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mussels, cleaned
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan set over a low heat and add the garlic. Cook until softened, but not coloured.
- Add the parsley, sherry, chili and seasoning and boil the liquid for 30 seconds.
- Toss in the mussels, cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the shells have opened.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Oh my! These are heavenly. Loved the subtle sweetness of the sherry with the mussels. I used red pepper flakes rather than the red chili.
I just ADORE moules/mussels.....and I have numerous ways of making them - this has just been added to my favourites! A wonderful sweet flavour and one that did NOT interfere with the delicate metallic taste of the mussels! Thanks for posting this recipe ER - loved it! Made for ZWT3. FT:-)