- 3 -6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 lb mushroom, preferably an assortment, trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil or 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the butter in a skillet over med-high heat.
- When the butter foam subsides, add the shallot and cook for a minute.
- Decrease the heat to medium and add the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring, for another minute or two.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot or warm; these can also sit for a little while and then be reheated.