Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ok, so there's no toast, but this still great! If not dare I say... better?
Make and share this Mushroom "toast" With Scrambled Eggs & Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices lean bacon
- 2 portabella mushrooms (stalks removed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, based spread or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
- In a pan at a medium heat put the bacon and mushrooms (top facing up) on the grill.
- Carefully take the mushrooms out when starting to brown on top, turn over and spread the underside of the mushrooms with half the spread then put back in the pan topside down until mushrooms start to brown and bacon is cooked then put aside.
- Whisk together the eggs with the pepper in a bowl.
- Add the remaining spread to a small pan and add the egg mixture stirring continuously until eggs are just scrambled.
- Take eggs off the heat and fill the underside of the mushrooms with the scrambled egg.
- Chop the cooked bacon and sprinkle over the eggy mushrooms and serve.
A great combo - a sure winner if you like eggs, bacon and mushrooms. I didn't take the time to make mine look nice, but I can see how it could make an attractive presentation for breakfast or brunch if you took the time. Thanks for posting.