Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe from a friend about 15 to 20 years ago. I am posting in Zaar for future reference.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup half and half milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (may use more to taste)
- Melt butter in pan.
- Saute mushrooms for four or five minutes.
- Combine cream of mushroom soup, curry powder, and milk in small bowl.
- Pour soup mixture into pan with mushrooms.
- Heat thoroughly, another four or five minutes.
- Serve over almost anything.
This has to get a 5 for simplicity, I could not find, can you believe cream of mushroom soup in Switzerland, so I ended up having to spend more and buy their fine food brand, cream of morel with cognac soup, may have cost more but yum this was really good. I will make again with regular cream of mushroom soup, but I can only get that from the English store which is an hour's drive away, so I weighed the fuel costs to the extra soup cost and it won hands down. I served over chicken on a bed of mash. I did add more garlic as well as I love garlic. A great quick and easy throw together recipe. The suace would also pair well with veal. Thanks for sharing MrsJ you never let me down.
Made for PAC Spring 08 I made this the other night and thought it was pretty good. It was a bit bland at first so I added some salt and a little more garlic. I served this over chicken. I think it would be good with Jasmine Rice. My camera was not working right so I wont post the picture but DH liked this quite a bit, thanks for sharing!