1 hr 20 mins
A recipe from 'Quality Cheese Inc.' at the Pike Place Market in Seattle. An ingredient note, half-and-half is simply half milk, half cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup finely grated gruyere cheese
- 1 pastry for 9 inch single pie shell, unbaked (For gluten-free, make your own recipe pie crust or order www.naturalfeast.com or www.dietspec.com)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 lb salmon fillet, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- additional whole sauteed mushroom (optional)
- dried oregano (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spread Gruyère evenly over bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add salmon and mushrooms and sauté about 3 minutes, turning salmon strips once.
- 5Cut salmon into 1-inch chunks, then arrange salmon chunks and mushrooms evenly over pie shell.
- 6Beat eggs with half-and-half, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper, and pour over salmon and mushrooms.
- 7Bake until center is set and top is golden, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- 8If pie edges start to brown too much, cover pie edges with aluminum foil or, if during the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking time, cover the whole pie loosely with aluminum foil.
- 9Remove pie from oven, let rest 5 minutes, then slice and serve warm with a fresh green salad or steamed vegetables.
- 10If desired, decorate center of pie with additional mushrooms and a sprinkling of oregano before slicing.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Salmon Pie with Gruyere Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.0
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 425.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g