Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Southern Living recipe that is just simply delicious!You MUST try this!
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 3⁄4 cup crushed Ritz cracker (15 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook macaroni according to directions on the bag.
- Combine cooked macaroni, soup and next 3 ingredients, stir.
- Add pimentos.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle evenly over macaroni mixture.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Love this recipe and so does all the family! My mom used to make this before she passed away. Excellent recipe and it is definately a crowd pleaser!
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving and I'm making it again this weekend. It reminds me of my grandmother's recipe. So happy I found this website! Thankful and grateful!!!
Surprisingly good! When I say 'surprisingly', I don't mean it as an insult to anyone - this dish is really just better than it should be, yummier than the sum of its parts.
Changes I made: using Dreamfields rotini, using EXTRA sharp cheese (yum!), a jar of drained mushrooms, omitting the pimientos, and adding two shredded poached chicken breasts. The chicken sort of turned it into a main dish! The cracker crumbs didn't add a ton to it, so if you have to leave them off, don't worry about it!
All in all, a delicious crowd pleaser that is pretty darn flexible given all the changes you can make to better appeal to your family's tastes!