Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Using no boil lasagna, this lasagna can be done and ready for the table in just a couple of hours.
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (1/2 pound)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (1qt milk...omit can milk and chicken broth)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks or 3 large shallots, sliced into thin rings
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby portabella mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 lbs brown button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushrooms or 1⁄2 lb mushroom, in season
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1. Make white sauce. Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour and stir well to mix. Add milk/chicken stock (or regular milk) to butter/flour mixture and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes). Turn off heat.
- 2. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic, parsley and herbs to sauce. Cover and set to side.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 or 350 is using cast iron 9x13 baking dish.
- 4. In a deep saute pan, add 1 T olive oil, add leeks or shallots and soften, do not brown. When soft, remove from heat and place in a bowl and set to side. Using same pan, add sliced mushrooms and 2 T olive oil on medium heat, cover until juices start to release, remove lid and slightly brown edges. Stir in leeks or shallots. Remove from heat.
- 5. Mix ricotta cheese and two cups parmesan cheese and two eggs. Mix well.
- Spray non-stick to bottom of pan. Coat bottom with about 1/4 cup white sauce. Layer four noodles to cover bottom, spread 1/2 C sauce, 1/3 mushroom mix, 1/3 of ricotta mix, 1/3 of mozarella and repeat twice more ending with layer of noodles on top. Pour over remaining sauce. Sprinkle asiago cheese all over the top and any remaining mozarella.
- Cover with Non-Stick Aluminum foil lightly. Cook on middle rack for 40 minutes, uncover cook for 20 minutes or golden brown and bubbling. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing. 8 Large servings or 12 medium servings.