Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great quiche and a nice change of pace as the mushrooms for the crust. It is easy to put together. I sometimes add chopped ham to this.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Saute fresh mushrooms in butter until golden (about 10 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and stir.
- Pat into a 9" pie plate.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon into crust.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
A very different quiche and very good!! I used portabello mushrooms for this and cheddar cheese. I also grated some nutmeg on top. I chopped up the mushrooms in a food processor to make it easy. I also fried up some onion and mixed it in with the egg mixture. Good little recipe.
This was a very nice surprise! Not at all quiche tasting, but really interesting. I added some chopped tomatoes to the top and they matched very well with the onion. I used low fat ingredients with good results. Will play around with different veggies...this seems really versatile. Thanks for sharing!
This turned out very tasty. I loved the mushroom crust. Not only do you get to avoid making and eating a regular pie crust, but it tastes really good. I used low fat cheeses for the filling and added a bit more spices, but otherwise made as directed. We will make this again for sure. It makes a lovely weeknight meal as it is easy to put together and tastes great. Thanks for posting!