1/2 Photos of Mushroom Chicken Piccata
1 hr 30 mins
This is a restaurant-quality dish that is worth making! Cooking time includes browning the chicken and sautéing vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml flour
- 7.39 ml seasoning salt (or use 1 teaspoon white salt)
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (if you are a garlic-lover then use 1 teaspoon)
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 59.16 ml milk
- 6-7 chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml oil
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced (can use a little more)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 236.59 ml canned chicken broth
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 29.58-59.16 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a medium bowl whisk together broth, wine, lemon juice and cornstarch; set aside.
- 2In a shallow bowl mix together flour, seasoned salt (or white salt) paprika, garlic powder and black pepper; mix to combine well.
- 3In another shallow bowl mix together the eggs with milk.
- 4Dip the chicken pieces firstly in the egg mixture then coat in the flour mixture.
- 5In a large skillet heat butter and oil over medium heat; add in the coated chicken pieces and sauté until golden brown (do not cook completely) remove to a plate.
- 6To the same skillet add in mushroom slices and sauté for about 5-6 minutes or until they loose their moisture.
- 7Add in onion and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- 8Add the browned chicken back to the skillet.
- 9Add in the wine/cornstarch mixture; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 10Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese if desired and fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.1
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 262.9 mg
- Sodium 620.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 56.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: