1/3 Photos of Mushroom Casserole (Zhulien)
This is on nearly every Russian restaurant menu. The mushrooms make this dish, so choose flavorful ones like shitake or chantrelles. Mix them with button or portobello mushrooms if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your broiler.
- 2Melt half the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Meanwhile, toss mushrooms and flour together in a large bowl.
- 4Add half the mushrooms to the skillet and saute, stirring often, until they are soft and have released their liquid, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Move the mushroom to a medium bowl and repeat the process with remaining butter and mushrooms.
- 6Return the skillet to medium low heat.
- 7Add mushrooms and any accumulated juices and sour cream, stir to mix, and cook until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Transfer mushroom mixture to a 4 cup heatproof baking dish or pan and evenly sprinkle top with cheese.
- 10Broil casserole until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bubbling on top.
- 11Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Casserole (Zhulien)
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: