Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's important to let this BBQ friendly salad sit for at least 1 hr so the flavors will combine. This recipe will easily double. Cook time is stand time.
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms (8 oz, buttons work well)
- 3⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- CHIVE VINAGRETTE:.
- In lg bowl wisk together all vinagrette ingredients.
- Clean and halve mushrooms, add to bowl with vinagrette.
- Add red pepper, cheese and parsley.
- Toss to coat and let stand for 1 hour.
- MAKE AHEAD:.
- Make, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
This is just amazing and somehow better than you think it will be. The whole family enjoyed it. I could have eaten the whole salad by myself. I reduced the oil to 2 tbsp (like my vinagrettes less oily) but otherwise stayed true to the recipe. This is going straight into the repeat folder.
Simply delicious. I left it to sit for the suggested 1 hour and I did sub an orange pepper that needed to be used up. Made for Every Day Tag. :)