Recipe by Annacia
It's important to let this BBQ friendly salad sit for at least 1 hr so the flavors will combine. This recipe will easily double. Cook time is stand time.
Top Review by Deantini
This is just amazing and somehow better than you think it will be. The whole family enjoyed it. I could have eaten the whole salad by myself. I reduced the oil to 2 tbsp (like my vinagrettes less oily) but otherwise stayed true to the recipe. This is going straight into the repeat folder.
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms (8 oz, buttons work well)
- 3⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- CHIVE VINAGRETTE:.
- In lg bowl wisk together all vinagrette ingredients.
- Clean and halve mushrooms, add to bowl with vinagrette.
- Add red pepper, cheese and parsley.
- Toss to coat and let stand for 1 hour.
- MAKE AHEAD:.
- Make, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.