Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light, refreshing, and simply delicious summer salad.
- 3 medium fennel bulbs, halved lengthwise and cored
- 5 very fresh large cremini mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, for shaving
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1.Using a mandoline, thinly slice the fennel and transfer it to a large bowl. Thinly slice the cremini mushrooms and set aside.
- 2.In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice. Season generously with salt and pepper. Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the dressing over the fennel; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- 3.Mound the sliced fennel on plates and top with the sliced cremini. Shave Parmesan over the salad. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of dressing and the truffle oil and serve.