Recipe by TheDancingCook
I grew up on this! A tasty, fruity Jello treat. This was always in my Nana's refrigerator, no matter what time of the year. Great for potlucks, dessert for shower or picnics or even a kid-friendly snack. Prep time does not include chilling time.; no cooking neccessary except the boiling of 1 cup water.
Top Review by ladypit
Pretty good. Like John I used sugar free jello and fat free sour cream. I didn't use the full amount of sour cream either, but it was more like 3/4. One bite from the container out the of the fridge was not very promising. But when I spooned some into a bowl and it got more mush like it was pretty good. The very sweet jello is off-set by the tang of the sour cream. Thanks!
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 box frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 medium bananas, sliced into rounds
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine jello crystals and boiling water.
- In another bowl, combine strawberries, pineapple and bananas, reserve 1/2 for topping.
- Combine 1/2 of fruit mixture with the jello and pour into an 8x8 dish; chill until firm.
- Spread sour cream over top.
- Top sour cream with remaining reserved strawberries, pineapple and bananas combination.
- Chill until firm.