Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Murgh Mussallum is usually a part of a meal with vegetables/salad. Make this elegant Murgh and your family will be thanking you.
- 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 2 medium chicken, skinned and pricked all over
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 green cardamoms
- 3 medium onions, sliced and fried golden
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons kashmiri chili powder
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons cashews, nut powder
- 20 almonds, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, mixed with the milk powder
For the marinade
- 1 small onion, ground
- 1⁄2 cup fresh yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron, soaked in the water
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub marinade all over chickens.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Grind fried onions to a paste.
- Heat ghee, evenly fry the chickens till golden.
- In the same ghee, saute cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves.
- Add onion paste, ginger-garlic and powdered spices.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add cashewnut powder and yogurt paste.
- Cook mixture for 3 minutes.
- Return the fried chickens to the pan.
- Add half the almonds and raisins, coconut milk, 1 cup water and salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat till the chicken is tender and gravy thick.
- Garnish with remaining nuts and serve hot with Indian/Arabic bread.