Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
Very low calorie soup that is good. I asked at the store for mung beans and they said bean sprouts were the same thing. I believe this is another version of the WW 0 point soup, using different vegetables. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts (recipe called for mung beans, see note in description)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I used 6 chicken bouillion cubes and 6 cups of water) or 6 cups chicken stock (I used 6 chicken bouillion cubes and 6 cups of water)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed (recipe called for cumin seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse bean sprouts. Place first 7 ingredients (mung beans - tomato) in crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add spinach and lemon juice and cook on high for 20-30 minutes.