Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my very favorite cake, not to heavy or light, always requested. Serve with raspberry jam and cream in centre.
- 125 g butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C( 350°F).
- Put flour, sugar and dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add eggs, belt butter (I use the microwave) and add. Mix all in an electric mixer then slowly add the boiling water.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently tapped.