Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Picked up a store flyer that contained this recipe as part of a Dannon add.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine yogurt, milk, eggs and 3 tablespoons oi. Mix well. In another bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder and soda. Mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just to moisten.
- Lightly grease a non-stick skillet with remaining oil and heat skillet on medium heat. Working in batches, spoon 1/4 cup batter into the skillet. Cook until golden and bubbling (2-3 minutes), then turn and continue to cook 1 minute.
- Serve panckes with maple syrup or fresh fruit.
So good! The oatmeal gives them a little crunch, we loved them. Will certainly make again, and I'm already thinking Best of 2011. Made for Everyday's a Holiday Tag.
I made half the recipe using honey Greek yogurt, and these were very fluffy and tasty served with sugar-free maple syrup. Thanks for sharing Deb. Made for Pick A Chef Spring '11.