Recipe by lesliecoy
Used Multi-Grain Stuffing Mix by Fresh Gourmet - this turned out great with Coy's first ever smoked turkey. Served with Pan Gravy. YUM!
- 3⁄4 lb turkey sausage
- 1⁄2 cup Brummel and Brown spread
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package prepared stuffing (Fresh Gourmet Multi-Grain Stuffing with Cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, oven roasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups broth
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook turkey sausage in a large skillet on medium high heat, stirring to break into crumbles, until brown. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving pan drippings, and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet to melt. Add celery, onion, and apples. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine Multi-Grain Stuffing with Cranberries,sausage, vegetables and pecans.
- (NOTE:if you are not using this Stuffing mix add 1/4 cup craisens)
- Lightly toss with liquid.
- Spread stuffing evenly in a buttered baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.