Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Say no to greasy chicken gravy dishes. This traditional Mughlai recipe from my mum is quick, simple and great for beginners and experts alike.
- Boil chicken pieces in water along with 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ginger paste, salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is boiled, take the pieces out of the stock. Set stock aside.
- In a wok or deep cooking pan with lid, pour cooking oil and saute onions and garlic together.
- Once the onions and garlic turn golden brown, add cumin seeds, chicken pieces, garam masala, and red chilli powder.
- Stir fry this mixture for 4 minutes.
- Now add half a cup of stock.
- Also add yogurt to this mixture.
- Cover and let this cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Check after 20 minutes to see if the oil is visible on the sides. That means you're done.
- You can let your chicken a little more to thicken the gravy or serve right away with rice or bread.
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves.
This has to be the worst recipe I have ever used. I followed everything perfectly, had a bite to eat, and had to throw it out. Fortunately, I had some leftover mushroom curry in the fridge.
I thought this recipe was okay at best. It just felt like it was missing something. I even used a lot more garlic and salt, and half the yogurt and it still wasn't quite right.