Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to make kid pleaser. You can add or remove whatever toppings suit your taste.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce with onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- Combine tomato sauce, paste, garlic, basil, and pepper, mixing well. Spread evebly over cut surface of English Muffins. Arrange pepperoni slices over sauce. sprinkle with cheese, and top with green pepper. Bake at 400F for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Have been making these for years, especially when I have a few kids around :) I often use bottled spagetti sauce for the base, and give the kids bowls of things to choose from to make their own. I usually have sliced mushrooms, chopped spring onions, shredded ham etc. Another GREAT thing is if you just cook them til the cheese melts, allow to cool, cut in half and freeze, they re-heat as good as fresh!