Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The recipe below makes four servings and can be prepared in advance. The parfaits will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (strawberries hulled and halved) or 2 cups frozen mixed berries (strawberries hulled and halved)
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Chope them coarsely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the milk, yogurt, oats, honey and vanilla extract. Divide the oat mixture evenly among four small dishes or parfait glasses. Top each with 1/2 cup berries, then 2 tablespoons chopped almonds.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.