Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Duan Jia Deng, a village in Yunnan Province, China.
- 1 ounce dried mushroom, preferably wood ear
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh edamame or 1⁄2 cup frozen edamame
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano chilies, stemmed thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetarian soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl and pour boiling water over. Let sit until soft (45 minutes). Drain mushrooms and tear into large bite-size pieces.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with edamame, 3/4 of the cilantro, garlic, chiles and scallions. Set salad aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth. Toss with salad. Divide salad between bowls and garnish with remaining cilantro.