Recipe by NC Gal
I clipped this off a bag of egg noodles years ago. I panicked one time when I couldn't find the clipping and tore my cookbook cabinet apart. Looked on Zaar and couldn't find it. So I am putting it on here for safe keeping :) I don't always use the potato chips, but have also used "flavored" ones sometimes. Nothing fancy, just good old comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained well
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked 6 minutes and drained well (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of crushed potato chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles for 6 minutes, pour noodles and boiling water over frozen peas in colander, set aside to drain well.
- In 2-quart saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper; stirring constantly, bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until smooth, then add tuna.
- In 2-quart casserole combine tuna mixture, egg noodles and peas. Sprinkle with potato chips.
- Bake in 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.