Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Using queso as a base, you don't need sauce or cheese - so here's a quick, easy dinner without many ingredients! The queso used in the original Pace Foods recipe (Pace Mexican Four Cheese Salsa con Queso) is spicy and flavorful, so if yours is plain you may want to jazz up your toppings with chopped jalapenos, diced green chilis, black olives or red pepper flakes. The original recipe called for basil which competed with the queso, but some fresh cilantro added at the end would be nice. The original recipe called for sun dried tomatoes; the second time we made it, we used roasted red peppers instead, and thought they were better.
- 1 (10 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup jarred queso sauce (Pace Mexican Four Cheese Salsa con Queso recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (cooked ground turkey or hamburger would also be good)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the queso on the bread shell to within 1/4-inch of the edge.
- Top with the meat, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the queso is hot and bubbly.
This looks really good! I will have to try it soon! Something easy and Cheesy! Thanks!