Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the summer 2007 edition of EAT magazine. This is a delicious and easy weeknight meal. My family loved it!
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces lean boneless pork, cut into strips
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen stir fry vegetables (any combination)
- 1⁄4 cup bottled hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in preheated oven for 10 minutes to soften. (Or wrap tortillas in white, microwave-safe paper towels; microwave on high [100 percent] power for 15 to 30 seconds or until tortillas are softened.).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add pork strips; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until done Add stir-fry vegetables. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the plum or hoisin sauce; place a quarter of the meat mixture just below the center of each tortilla. Fold the bottom edge of each tortilla up and over the filling. Fold in the sides until they meet; roll up over the filling. Makes 4 servings.
We used fresh stir fry vegetables and doubled them, since we like a lot of veggies. These were great, love the hoisin in them, and stir frying gives it a lot of added flavor. I did use about a tablespoon of canola oil for stir frying and then drizzled the sesame oil over at the end, off the heat.