Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, tint with green food colouring
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, tint with red food colouring
- 1 cup dry rolled oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat with a hand mixer: sugars, add margarine, oil, egg, and vanilla, blending well Add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together, add to mixture by hand.
- By hand add tinted coconuts, dry rolled oats, rice krispies type cereal and pecans, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet and press flat lightly (I use the bottom of a water glass to lightly flatten cookies).
- Bake 10- 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool, store in airtight container.