Recipe by Sue Lau
I was given this recipe by my friend Mary Stubblefield, years ago. Mary was a very sweet woman with a great sense of humor! She said this recipe was from Mrs. Woody Robinson.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened and divided
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese and 1 cup of the softened butter in a large mixer bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Add flour gradually, beating until dough forms a ball (add extra flour if dough doesn't form a good ball).
- Divide dough into thirds; wrap in wax paper and chill several hours.
- Roll each piece into a 9-inch circle on a lightly floured board.
- Combine remaining butter, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans; spread each circle of the dough with 1/3 of the sugar mixture.
- Cut each circle into 16 pie shaped pieces and roll each up tightly, beginning at the wide end.
- Place the pointed end down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Beat egg yolks and water together and brush on cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F about 20 minutes.