Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very good flavor and a favorite main dish of ours. I usually make a larger batch of the coating and store it in a Tupperware bowl to save on time. Make it with the listed seasonings first - you'll be glad you didn't substitute!
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix flour, paprika and garlic, celery and seasoned salt together and coat pork chops.
- Brown pork chops in large frying pan.
- Mix water, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce together and add to frying pan.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
This dish tastes wonderful!! The flavors of the paprika, garlic, and celery plays against the flavor of the brown sugar. What a wonderful treat, and it was easy to make. I served it with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. I followed your advice and made extra coating, and I'm glad I did. I can use it on chicken, or gravies or anything that needs to be sauted. Thank you so much for posting Mrs. Neidermeyer's pork chop recipe.
These pork chops were very tender! My husband and I both enjoyed them. They were very easy to prepare and had a good flavor, but I felt something was missing? I think next time I will add another spice to the flour mixture or maybe a few drops of Tabasco before simmering.
I made this recipe exactly as posted - excellent flavor, tender & delicious! Even fussy DH loved it! Will definitely be making this again & again! Thanks - 5 stars!!!