Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an ooey gooey delight straight from St.Louis Missouri.
Make and share this Mrs. Knobbes Gooey Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cake mix with 1 egg and the butter and pat into a greased cake pan.
- Mix and pour the remaining ingredients over the cake.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar.
Brought this to work for a potluck luncheon. "Oohs" and "ahhs" and moans of approval could be heard around the room. If you closed your eyes and just listened to the sounds, you'd think something nasty was going on!! This should be nominated in the dessert "Hall of Fame" category...it's that good!
Decadent. If you love rich cream cheese desserts, this one is for you. It has been a favorite around this family for years. Thanks for reminding me of this dish. I'll have to make it again.
I just made this last night and wanted to add that it is best if cooled completely. If it is too warm the 2 layers seem to run together and you don't get the same effect. It remonds me of a lemon bar, with the crust and the curd filling.