Chocolate Toffee Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
Have a tall, cold glass of milk ready with this gooey butter cake, it is sooooo rich and chocolatey!
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa (or more if you like)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- By hand, mix egg and butter together, stir in cake mix until combined. Pat cake mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Toss English toffee bits evenly over cake mixture crust.
- Beat with electric mixer cream cheese and butter until combined, continue beating and add eggs until combined. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and cocoa until well combined.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of crust, spread with rubber spatula until even, being careful to not move toffee bits too much.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until top is wiggly but crusty and lightly browned. Cool, and sprinkle top with more powdered sugar and toffee, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more