Recipe by Denise!
I made this bread last weekend to serve with homemade lasagna because garlic bread with cheese was $2.69 per loaf! I decided that was rather ridiculous and it's not that tasty, so I decided to make my own. This is what I came up with and it's very simple, but one of the best breads I've served. Add more or less garlic to suit your own tastes.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, split lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, fresh or dried
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and garlic and melt in microwave.
- Add the parsley to the butter and using a pastry brush, liberally brush both sides of the bread.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the bread and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake under the broiler for approximately 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.