Recipe by Danny Beason
Treva Casteberry, WBIR TV
Top Review by weekend cooker
Great Great dessert, yet alone a nice little football snack for us. I used the sugar amount listed. and thought it was enough, I would not add anymore, though decreasing it a bit I think wouldn't really affect this one bit. Made for Fall Cooking Tag.
- 2 granny smith apples (peel & cut into 8 sections each)
- 2 cans crescent rolls (1 can for each apple)
- 1 cup real butter (not margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mountain Dew soda
- Wrap each 1/8 apple section in crescent roll dough.
- Place in lightly greased baking dish.
- Melt butter& mix with sugar, spread over apples.
- Pour Mountain Dew over apples.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon& chopped nuts.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
- Can be served with ice cream or whipped cream.