1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A wonderful use of fresh from the garden vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fingerling potato
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced small zucchini, blanched
- 1/2 cup sliced small yellow squash, blanched
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, blanched if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1To make the dressing: in a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper; whisk until the salt is dissolved.
- 2ADd in the tarragon and gradually whisk in the olive oil; set aside.
- 3Use a pan with a steamer basket; add water to the pan to reach just below the basket; bring water to a boil; add potatoes to the basket (they should fit in a single layer; if you have more than one layer, steam the potatoes in batches; if the potatoes are very large, cut them in half and steam them cut-side down).
- 4Cover the pan and steam until done, checking to make sure the water does not boil away (small potatoes--15 minutes; larger potatoes--18-20 minutes).
- 5When done, transfer potatoes to a colander to drain; remove basket and pour out water from pan.
- 6Return potatoes to the warm pan; toss over low heat to dry them.
- 7When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 8Place potato slices in a large bowl; sprinkle with vinegar while still warm, then let cool to room temperature.
- 9Add the zucchini, squash, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, and onion to the potaotes.
- 10Pour the dressing over the mixture (stir the dressing again just before adding to the potatoes); toss gently.
- 11Serve immediately.
- 12Note--to blanch the vegetables, fill a large bowl or pan with cold water and some ice cubes.
- 13Fill a saucepan 3/4 full w/ water and bring to a boil.
- 14Drop in the vegetables and boil for 1 minutes; drain and immediately immerse the vegetables in the ice water; when cold, drain and pat dry.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moulton Farm Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 405.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
white wine vinegar