Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom often brought this casserole to church suppers and it was very popular! But you don't have to be going to a church supper to try it! You can try it anytime! It's a different taste for spaghetti that you may want to investigate! When I asked my mom for the recipe on the phone, my dad piped up in the background that he likes it with peppers, so feel free to add whatever you may like to this dish from my childhood!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup broken spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- Saute beef and onion in frying pan until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain off any fat; set meat aside.
- Place broken spaghetti noodles into baking or casserole dish.
- Add beef and onion mixture and mix into noodles.
- In small bowl or large measuring cup, combine ketchup and tomato juice.
- Pour ketchup/tomato juice blend over noodles and meat, covering noodles evenly.
- Cover dish and bake at 375 for 1 hour, or until noodles are tender.
- ***Recipemay be doubled, etc!
This isn't bad, but it was too salty for me.
It sounds so simple- but tastes so good! My husband thought I had used BBQ sauce. I added garlic to the onion, and cooked the onion and garlic with the hamburger. Way good!
This is a simple and flavorful dish! I made this for the Silent Cricket Cookathon, and it was enjoyed by my whole family. I used ground turkey in place of the beef, but other than than I followed the directions exactly, and it was done in about 50 minutes. I will definitely be making this again.