Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Our family has been working on clean eating. This is our favorite apple and flax muffins cleaned up as much as I could.
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup Agave
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 apples, cut into 16ths and then 4ths
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients, mix for 30 seconds.
- Add apples and mix in, be careful to not over mix or you will have rubbery muffins.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, use a clean eating spray or silicon liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- I freeze mine 4 to a quart bag and pull them out one bag at a time in the evening for breakfast the next morning. So yummy!