Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love the flavor of fresh basil and tomatoes, you will love this pasta dish. "Mostaccioli" is a tubular pasta. The recipe comes from General Hospital Medical Center "Fun in The Kitchen" cookbook, a book published from volunteers and employees at the Medical Center in Everett, Wa. A wonderful vegetarian dish! *cooking time does not include the few minutes it takes to cook the Mostaccioli pasta*
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, not virgin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb lowfat mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese, grated, blended with
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (FRESH on these)
- Heat oil and saute garlic.
- Add tomatoes.
- Stir in chopped basil and Mozarella.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the hot Mostaccioli which is cooked and drained.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh Parmesan.
- and Romano blend.