1/2 Photos of Morton Family Strata (From "the Family Stone" Movie)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
D. Todd Miller's Note:
Meredith Morton (played by Sarah Jessica Parker) prepares this strata for the eccentric Stone family in the movie "The Family Stone." If you have seen the movie, you undoubtedly remember the scene where this strata is dropped all over the kitchen floor! This recipe is from the DVD "special features."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a cookie cutter, donut cutter or lid from a jar, cut bread into shapes or circles. Set aside.
- 2Place bread scraps in bottom of buttered 13" by 9" baking dish. Layer half of the cheese over bread.
- 3Arrange half of the tomatoes and all of the onion rings and mushrooms over the cheese. Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- 4Arrange the bread shapes on the cheese. Put slices of the tomato in the center of each bread shape.
- 5Combine slightly beaten eggs, milk, salt, oregano and garlic salt. Pour over the bread.
- 6Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dot with olives. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 7Bake 1-1/2 hours in a 325 degree F oven, or until knife comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes or until firm.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morton Family Strata (From "the Family Stone" Movie)
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.5 mg
- Sodium 691.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 17.1 g