Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a comfort soup when your stomach doesn't want to feel better. My mother-in-law gave me this recipe for my husband. When seasoning this soup, you do not want the broth to become cloudy from the seasonings. I use salt and a little garlic. As a bonus, you could use red meat instead of the chicken. I even use turkey for this recipe.
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 large potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 lb chicken, chopped into cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cups water
- Chop all vegetables up into small pieces. Combine all of them EXCEPT the onion into a large pot of water, and bring to a boil. If you need more than the eight cups of water, feel free to add water until the vegetables are covered well. Add seasonings, then cover and simmer.
- While waiting on the soup to boil, saute the chopped onion in the T of butter, and add the chicken, cooking through.
- Add the chicken and onions to the soup, and cover and simmer for an hour.