Recipe by CraftScout
I am making my cousin a full days worth of meal mixes for Christmas this year. This is a GIAJ version of my Moroccan Style Chicken, which will be for the dinner portion. This makes about 1/3 cup of mix, which serves 8. Since it is just the two of them, I am going to package this in a recycled spice container, but you could also use a larger jar and add some dried apricots, so that all the gift receiver would need to add is chicken, oil, and water. Cook/prep time is for actually cooking the chicken.
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
Gave this as a part of my grandsons Christmas Basket. Thanks for posting , he was thrilled I actually had this for supper tonight. It was wonderful , served it with noodles and a medley of onions, mushrooms and zuchinni. I added 1 tbsp of cornstarch at the end the thicken the sauce. The sauce was perfect and I am trying to think of what else can I use it with. Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (or 2 cubes, crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- To make mix: Mix ingredients together, and put into an airtight container. Will store for 6 months.
- To make Moroccan Style Chicken: Combine mix with oil and chicken in a gallon sized ziploc bag, and squoosh around to thoroughly coat chicken and apricots.
- Heat your largest skillet over medium high heat. When it is nice and hot, add the chicken to the pan, spreading it in a single even layer.
- Brown chicken; turn and brown other side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add water; stir gently to combine. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer 10 minutes.
- NOTE: If you are mixing up a multiple of this recipe, you can use about 1 T. of the spice mix, 1/2 T. apricots, and 1/4 pound of chicken for each serving.