Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These potatoes are my favourite kind- crispy, flavourful and delicious! The spice paste here is my Moroccan spice paste with added olive oil but I've copied it out here in full to make the recipe easier to use. Cooking time includes time for the spices to blend. Thanks to a review, here is a suggestion if using a convection oven- cook for 40 minutes total, the first 15 mins at 350F and thereafter turn it up to 400F.
- Mince/crush the garlic and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the other spice paste ingredients and mix.
- Cover and leave for at least an hour before using, for the flavours to blend.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 300°F or 150°C (this is the temperature I use although my oven is fan-assisted so if yours is not, you may wish to use a slightly higher temperature).
- Peel and quarter the potatoes (cut larger potatoes into smaller chunks).
- Simmer them in a pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and gently shake them in the pan to roughen the edges (this produces crispy roasties!).
- Put the potatoes in a roasting tray. Add the spice paste and toss to coat the potatoes completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until done, turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
These were really good! I used about 3/4 tsp cumin and only had about 3 tsp of lemon juice, but they still turned out fabulous! Will make again, it is an easy side to throw in the oven and cook while working on everything else! Made for ZWT6 NA*ME.
Great!!! I used red potatoes, but other than that, I followed the recipe. I will definitely make again. Made for ZWT 6 and the Looney Spoon Phoodies.
These potatoes were perfect for our Moroccan dinner tonight. DH and DS were a little apprehensive, but they enjoyed everything Made for Queens of Quisine ZWT 6