Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A great addition to a buffet table or for an appetizer party. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, Crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups green olives, drained (pitted, unstuffed and room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Heat first 8 ingredients in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add olives; toss to coat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 4 hours or up to 3 weeks. The longer they marinate, the better they taste.
- Drain and serve at room temperature.
Awesome recipe Mike. 5 stars all the way. Who knew they could taste like this. Thank you for sharing a new family favorite. Made FYC Tag Game.
I made these early in the day and by dinnertime they already had absorb enough of the spices to make them special. I can only imagine how much better they will be tomorrow. I did add a twist of lemon peel. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
These make great little snacks! I enjoy the Middle Eastern flavors. Thanks Mikekey! Made for ZWT 2013 for team Hot Stuff.