Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious spicy roasted veggies! The many spices are very visible in this dish. The chickpeas are a nice addition, and harden a bit after being roasted which is a nice addition to the overall texture of this dish.
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch thick semi-circles
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch thick semi-circles
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut in 1/4-inch semi-circles
- 1 large red pepper, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all vegetables and garlic in a large bowl; combine spices and oil in a small bowl; mix together and spread dressed vegetables on 11x17" tray (I use a cookie sheet).
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir well and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm Per 15 oz serving = 296cal, 8g pro, 9.5g fat, 49g carb, 10g fibre.
I thought this was very nice, but it didn't knock my socks off. I think I'm not a huge fan of turmeric, and I thought the taste of turmeric predominated in this (I like it when it's one of many spices, but not when it's the main event). I gave it the taste test after 45 minutes, and it really didn't work for me -- but roasting it for another 40 minutes made it much more to my liking. (That, and a good sprinkling of salt.) I'd recommend that other people try this to see if they like it, but I'm not sure I'll make it again. But thanks so much for posting this!
Very nice dish!!! Unfortunately, my grocer ran out of eggplant the day I was there, so I had to make an emergency substitute with a plantain. Still, it turned out just like a dish I had at a Moroccan restaurant. I served these with #15580 Grilled Moroccan Chicken and the flavors just complimented each other SO WELL!!! Thanks for sharing, I will make these again.
This is a delicious recipe if you want a new veggie favorite! Instead of turmeric I did 1 teaspoon curry powder. My one year old daughter loved the new flavors as well!