Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe caught my attention when browsing through the website called Moroccan Recipes.
- 354.88 ml chopped peeled mangoes (about 1 large)
- 29.58 ml finely chopped red onions
- 29.58 ml chopped of fresh mint
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 7.39 ml harissa (a hot red pepper sauce)
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1.23 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Combine chopped mango, onion, mint and orange juice in a bowl. Cover and chill.
- Spread harissa over both sides of salmon fillets; sprinkle with salt. Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450º for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with the mango salsa.
I cooked this meal tonight for my family, and we absolutely loved it!!! I could not find the harissa sauce, so I used Cayenne pepper instead. I also used some garlic seasoning to season the salmon. Everything turned out great! My grandmother loved the mango salsa. I thought the mango salsa brought the dish together by having a sour sweet taste!!! This recipe is definitively a keeper!!
We enjoyed this salmon for dinner tonight. I used prepared harissa sauce. I made no modifications other than that I was not able to rub both sides of the fish with the harissa as I could not get the skin off of the back of the fish until after it had already cooked. I liked the combination of cool (mango salsa) and spicy (harissa). This was quick to make for a weeknight meal. Thanks!
Delicious! I couldn't find harissa so used creol sauce -- but otherwise made as directed. Delish! Made for ZWT6. Thanks for sharing this keeper!