Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Moroccan Roasted Lamb
Make and share this Moroccan Roasted Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- To make the stuffing, heat 1tbsp of the olive oil in a pan and cook the chopped onion over a low heat until soft. Add the apricots, flaked almonds, breadcrumbs, egg and parsley, mix well and set aside.
- Remove the lamb shoulder from its packaging and discard the bands holding it together. Open the lamb out flat on a chopping board, with the inside of the joint facing upwards.
- Put the stuffing in the centre of the lamb and roll up. Tie tightly with string.
- Mix together the paprika, cumin, coriander and chill to make a spice mix. Set aside half and add the rest to the remaining oil to make a paste. Rub into the lamb. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/Gas 3. Put the lamb in a roasting tin, loosely cover with foil and cook for 3 hours, removing the foil for the last 30 minutes to crisp the skin. Remove the lamb from the tin and set aside to rest.
- To make the gravy, drain off most of the fat from the roasting tin. Add the rest of the spice mix and the flour, and stir until smooth. Gradually stir in the red wine, lamb stock, and redcurrant jelly. Cook on the hob, stirring constantly, until thickened and simmering. Serve with the lamb and a selection of roasted vegetables.